Friday, April 17, 2009

Takoyaki! W/ crabstick

Arrgghhhh.. This is the 3rd time I've tried to post this n blogpress didn't save it! It's sooo frustrating! Here I go (again!)

I've made takoyaki, it's the 3rd or 4th time that I've made it.


Firstly, prepare the ingredients you'll need.
- 450 ml water to boil with 1/2 sheet dried kelp+ bonito flakes. The stock would become a yellowish colour. Then remove flakes+kelp from pot
- place it in a bowl with 2 eggs
- mix it well with 200g flour+some bonito flakes


Next, chop up some spring onion leaves, pickled ginger, crabstick and some bonito flakes+tempura breadcrumbs


You'll also need a takoyaki pan :)


You'll need to do this part quickly, place batter & crabstick+ginger+flakes+onion+crumbs on the pan and roll!!!


Keep rolling until they're smooth, I use 2 satay sticks to roll them.


:) for the sauce, you can use the tonkatsu (this is a crumbed pork dish or u can use chicken)


You don't need to get a bottle of tonkatsu sauce if you've got these at home! Just mix 2 tbs each of tomato and soy sauce!

Get the balls ready on the plate!!!



And sauce it!!!! Squiggle jap mayo+bonito+tonkatsu sauce and...

Tadaaaa!!!!



Honestly, this got devoured in 5 mins! Not all by me, my bro and Sis helped with the eating as usual!

Now, your turn! Let me know how you go :)

-- Post From Denice's iPhone