Monday, March 30, 2009

Weaving squares!

Here's the weaving pics! I bought these on eBay! Just under $25 incl postage from USA! It's vintage and REALLY sturdy material! It's not made like these anymore. The new weaving looms are mostly made of plastic and the metal ones are quite expensive!

Anyway, this eBay deal came with 2 looms! 7" and 4" ones. Here's the box it came in:



Here's what I did on my first try. It's abit crap n my crochet skills are almost non-existant like my spelling skills! :P





I find that using a chopstick to hold up the threads that I need to weave above or under really helped! And... Here's the finished weaved square!





The above finished 7" square can be used as a pot holder or make more squares and see them together to make a blanket! Winters coming!!!

Here's what I did on the 4" loom...





I couldn't find the hook in spotlight so I made this one for the 4" loom with a wire hanger! And here's the finished square...





Just make another 20 and I think I'll have enough for a scarf! Hmmm... It's really time consuming but it's kinda addictive too!

Gosh.. I don't know how long I'll take but hopefully i'm able to complete something for winter :)

Ps: still lovin iphone blogging! Seriously, if you have the iPhone, you should try blogging this way!

-- Post from Denice's iPhone